October 2nd, 2015 Show Me To The Stage

October 2nd, 2015 Show Me To The Stage

Things felt better today. Not 100%, butt better. I accomplished quite a lot at work before heading out to emcee/DJ an annual event at an elementary school. KPNC is a partner in education with this particular school. This was the fifth or sixth year in a row for me emceeing the festivities. Many of the parents and teachers only see me at the school once or twice a year. The reaction to my maintenance weight this evening brought several people up to me saying similar things. I assured a couple of them I wasn't trying to lose weight, just maintain at this point. "You don't need to lose anymore weight," seems to be the most common reaction. I agree.

I also agree that I must transition my focus onto fitness and strength. I've had a rough week in the workout department, considering my minor, albeit painful little ailment--but I'm looking forward to getting into a consistent routine in the coming week.  I may not have had an intentional workout again today, but I worked out. Moving the sound equipment by myself is a big job, loading, unloading, setting up, loading out and then unloading back into storage.

I was unloading tonight when I dropped a heavy wood platform on my right leg. My bad leg. It gashed me good. I started bleeding through my new jeans and down my leg, pooling on the tongue of my right shoe. I quickly made it to a pharmacy where I grabbed some first aid supplies and Oxi Clean to get the stains out, then to a store to get some dinner ingredients--all the while wearing these bloodied jeans. I made it home and treated the wound. My leg was swollen from the injury. I'll be resting it well tonight, elevating it and wrapping it tomorrow morning before reporting to Oktoberfest for broadcast and emcee duties on the main stage. The great thing about this weekend's Oktoberfest emcee job? I don't need to bring anything but me. No sound equipment to lug around! Just hand me a microphone and show me to the stage! 

Oktoberfest is another annual event I regularly emcee. I'm looking forward to feeling incredibly free on that stage this weekend. I wrote about the Oktoberfest emcee experience during relapse/regain two years ago. It wasn't a pleasant experience. This weekend should be a very pleasant experience. 

 photo woodlands202_zpss09vberg.jpg
Tonight's event featured all kinds of games and food. I grabbed some almonds and cheese as a holdover until a late dinner and passed on the available stuff.
 photo Woodlands20selfie_zpskoxktyje.jpg
The playlist was "tween" tonight. This is the look after the 18th request for the likes of Hanna Montana, Justin Bieber and Elsa from the movie Frozen. I need to let it go, I suppose.

I'm hitting the pillow ready for a good night's rest. I'll be sleeping in fairly well. My food will take some planning tomorrow. I'll figure it out in the morning. It's bedtime!

My Tweets Today:
























Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean