October 26th, 2015 What Is It? Another Winning Loser Video Blog

October 26th, 2015 What Is It? Another Winning Loser Video Blog

It's really strange sometimes. What is "it?" Where I find myself today is so far removed from where I came. I was never strong, consistent or successful losing weight until I started doing things differently over seven years ago.

I have much more experience in NOT being successful than I do in being successful. That's just simple math.

Analyzing what didn't work for me during the nearly twenty years near, at or above 500 pounds, was critically important to coming up with a personal philosophy and plan that works for me today.

It's important to remember what works well for me may not be what works well for you. Each one of us has our own experiences and preferences that have shaped where we find ourselves.

We find our personal groove. And it may be different for each of us. But I've noticed, many of the conclusions we find, if not completely identical, have distinct similarities.

I always seemed to complicate things in the past. That's why I'm all about simplifying the approach, especially in the beginning. 

In studying many of my failed attempts, I found one of the key elements in my failure was finding ways to feel bad about my progress. I set expectations high, laid out complicated plans and white knuckled it all the way to the scale as often as possible, in hopes of some kind of indicator that I was doing things correctly. If it was a good weigh in, I'd be on top of the world--if it wasn't, I'd be crushed, left questioning everything positive I was doing.

Some people can weigh every day and handle it with a calm understanding. I'm not one of those well adjusted people. I know many who are, though. In fact, I have some good friends who swear by it--and how it helps them. I'm different. And I know there are a lot of people like me who have given the scale a bunch of emotional control in past attempts.

One of the adjustments to my approach required me to change my perspective on the scale and weighing. If you weigh daily and have found the perspective needed to process the statistics, no matter what, in a positive way, then this edition of the Winning Loser Video Blog probably isn't for you. Even still, you might smile as you watch.

But if you're like me, you just might relate. Thank you for watching!



After watching, A.A. writes:

"Hi Sean,
I just wanted to personally give you thanks for your scale video. I just watched it and loved it! I am a person who is easily broken by that scale I find myself standing on every single day. Not only does it get in my head but it causes me to fall off plan every singe time. I'll do good for a week, step on that scale one day and show a gain and snowball down hill from there. I've actually gotten to the point now where I am at the heaviest weight I have ever been and I can't seem to understand why I continue down this path of slowly killing myself. The scale definitely has too much power and I've never heard anyone talk about it the way you did. You made me question WHY I trust something that is not a reliable source. Thank you for that video!"

Letting the Tweets take it the rest of the way tonight.

My Tweets Today:






























Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean