October 15th, 2015 Help Me Find This Person, Please

October 15th, 2015 Help Me Find This Person, Please

No luck today in locating the lady with the dog that bit me Wednesday morning at approximately 6:40am near the intersection of First and Grand Avenue in downtown Ponca City. There's considerable conversation around the area about it, though. And maybe that will eventually reach her. I visited a downtown veterinary hospital this afternoon and was immediately greeted with, "I know why you're here. We've had several calls about it today and we don't know who it could be, either."

I'm not stressing out too much. Although a simple Google search brought up the horrific consequences if the dog had rabies. I truly wasn't fully aware before doing that this morning. There's a window of time, from a week or two to a month or maybe more, where you can get the rabies shots and be okay. But once symptoms start, there's no treatment and death is certain.

I have some time to locate her before I will need to either get the series of rabies shots or trust that she was being honest when she said the dog was vaccinated. I hate it that a potentially life or death thing will be left up to trusting the word of a stranger. 

But really, based on snap judgment, logic and simple profiling, she's likely telling the truth.

Here's an older lady who cares enough about her little pooches to take them for an early morning walk downtown, on leashes. She appeared to be reasonably sane and well put together, wearing athletic shoes that might indicate she's regularly active and takes good care of herself. Those little dogs are likely treated like loving family members. With all things considered, I'm 98% certain this little dog was properly vaccinated. But it's that 2% chance that she might say anything if she feared losing her precious dog or feared being sued.

I'm not interested in anything other than peace of mind in knowing the dog was properly vaccinated. I don't care about the jeans or the urgent care co-pay. I just want to fill the gap between 98 and 100% certainty, you know what I mean? 

What a tough lesson. I was thinking about it today. If someone crashed into my car, I wouldn't dare think of blowing it off--no matter how in shock I might be in a situation like that--it simply goes without saying--if you damage my car, we must exchange insurance information at the very least--and if it's more serious, we must call the police. But make it my body and my life, instead of a car that can be repaired or replaced, and I let it go???? That's crazy.

Well, I suppose this has been running in my background all day long. I haven't let it affect my resolve in taking extraordinary care, and that's good. I do plan on continuing my on-air appeal each morning--but now with a less comical approach, instead a serious--help me find this person, please, type delivery.

I had a really good day, otherwise. I ate well and had a great workout at the YMCA. I intentionally nailed my calorie budget of 2300 and exceeded my minimum water goal by three cups. "The condition" seems to be improving.

I'm up late handling weather coverage for the radio stations. As long as these storms remain at less than severe status, I'll be in bed soon. If they intensify and go severe, it could be a long night. Let's hope for decreased intensity and gradual dissipation.

My Tweets Today:






























Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean