September 16th, 2015 Weigh Day Edition

September 16th, 2015 Weigh Day Edition

Today's weigh-in went very well. I seem to be in a good maintenance groove. I was up six tenths of a pound.
 photo 217.620weigh20day_zpsgmyhfofr.jpg
One thing I didn't anticipate was how awkward the transition would feel at times. Maintenance mode requires me to eat considerably more (2300 calories a day) and I'm not complaining at all. I'm simply saying, it feels like too much some times. I have to remind myself to be okay. In this self-assurance, I'm reminded that my continued food sobriety (no binge eating), abstinence from refined sugar and continued practice of solid recovery principles & actions, including staying solidly connected in active support circles, are my measuring sticks. Not the calorie budget and not the scale. It's a different perspective. I'm doing well, it just takes a slight adjustment.

The added calories needed for me to maintain, gives me excellent information about my metabolism. It is working well. As if it repaired itself over the course of this turnaround from relapse/regain. Believe me, the enormous blessing in this whole situation--my reality today, isn't lost. And it isn't taken for granted.

My broadcast day started at 6am and ended at 6pm. I did have my weigh-in and a doctors appointment in there, too. But still, it was a very long day.

The doctor's appointment was a six month checkup and a follow up for the procedure I recently had to remove the clogged salivary gland. Everything was fantastic. I love laughing and smiling with my doctor instead of the seriousness of what once was, not too long ago. My blood pressure was 128/72 and my heart rate was an athletic 52. After scanning the vitals, doc said "your body clearly isn't stressed anymore." It felt really good hearing him say those words. I'll go back in six months for blood work, then he wants a yearly checkup. A yearly check up! 

After my location broadcast this evening from the county fair, I drove over to Irene's house to pick up Noah for dinner out and some shopping. I chose KFC because I thought he might eat some chicken, green beans and mashed potatoes. Uh, no. Not even a little bit. Noah wasn't hungry (he made this very clear-no interest in eating whatsoever) and there wasn't anything I wanted on the menu. So we both sat there and talked with one another while he played with his food. We both had a cheese stick at the store and he did eat that and so did I, as a holdover until I could prepare dinner at home.

My plan to cook dinner at home quickly faded on my drive back home. I was simply too tired. Instead, I decided some baked cod, asparagus and fried sweet potato fries from the restaurant two blocks from my house would be just fine.

I also planned for a training run tonight. Not happening. I need sleep more than I need tonight's run.

I'm hitting the pillow tonight, ready for a good rest and looking forward to a good day tomorrow.

My Tweets Today:




























Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean