August 5th, 2015 Weigh Day Edition

August 5th, 2015 Weigh Day Edition

I certainly wasn't expecting a ten pound drop. This morning's weigh-in at the doctor's office, to me, proves that the two pound gain from the previous three week period was a case of natural fluctuation due to water retention and various other reasons our bodies might weigh a little more on any particular day. I lost the water weight and whatever else was weighing me down three weeks ago--and likely added four or five pounds of actual weight loss to bring it down ten pounds. At least that's my guess. I was very surprised to find this number today:
 photo A2022020weigh20day20scale20photo_zpswvofodge.jpg
I haven't weighed 220 pounds since I was eleven years old. 

My goal now isn't to lose weight. My goal is to maintain the elements of my recovery while finding my personal balance, maintaining a healthy weight.

Does it mean I add more food? Likely. More strength training? Absolutely imperative!! Weighing more often than every three weeks? Yes. This was a suggestion from Life Coach Gerri and I think it's a really good one. I will weigh again next Wednesday and every Wednesday after, for a couple months.

I feel fantastic.

It was a super long day today. I overcame a very rough start and ended up making it a good one. I didn't get back home until almost 6:30pm and by that time, I wasn't thinking about dinner--all I could think about was getting a nap. I didn't care about it being so late. I needed an hour. Without it, I likely would have skipped dinner, skipped my test run tonight and skipped the blog---passed out for the night. I took what I needed. I got up after an hour, made coffee--and prepared a fantastic dinner. It was incredibly delicious!! (see dinner tweets below).

My test run went very well tonight. At one point, I jogged almost three minutes without stopping!! The shoes made a HUGE difference. No pain afterwards! My phone was giving me fits as I tried to update it in order to support the C25K app--so I still need to figure that out. In the meantime, this test run tonight gave me valuable information about where in the program I should start. I have less than seven weeks to be ready for the Carter's Run 5k at Lake Ponca. I will run the duration of that 3.1 miles!! 

Dropping into the pillow tonight and feeling very well. I know I have some adjustments to make in my approach. I certainly don't need to keep losing--and obviously what I'm doing is still in line with weight loss for my body/metabolism. I will consider my options carefully and make those adjustments! If you would have told me in April 2014, that I would have this "problem," while I was at the top of my regain/relapse period-I wouldn't have believed you. I'm incredibly grateful.This whole turnaround from relapse/regain has been a monumental blessing. And it started with the blessing of experiencing the relapse/regain period to begin with...I needed to go through that time in order to learn things I really needed to learn.

My Tweets Today:






































Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean