August 25th, 2015 Days Like Today

August 25th, 2015 Days Like Today

Days like today are the ones where I must pause often and give thanks, expressing gratitude for so many wonderful things in my life. Daily expressions and meditations centered in gratitude are important, but I'll be straight with you--I don't do it every day like I should. It was nice to receive so many reminders today of how I'm blessed beyond measure. How?

It was simply sharing some laughs with friends, writing a new stand-up bit in the process, feeling productive at work, engaging in one on one and group weight loss support interactions, preparing good food, having access to one of the best YMCA's in our region of the country--and that workout today--oh my, it was good---and my grandson Noah dropping by the studio for a short visit mid-afternoon, the absolute best. 

Being out of the fog of food addiction and firmly embracing the elements of my recovery allows me to fully experience life from a different perspective.

The grass is greener, the sky is bluer, the relationships are stronger, the food is better, my mind is clearer and my heart is full of peace. Is it perfect?

It's never perfect. Believe me, there are things I wish I could somehow change, but can't. And there are things I can and will change.

I'll report to the doctor's office scales tomorrow morning for my weekly weigh-in. MyFitnessPal is still projecting a losing trend, even at 2200 calories per day. It's such a foreign feeling to be in this position of not wanting to lose weight. If I register a loss in the morning, I'll adjust the calories up.

It already looks and feels like I'm eating plenty of food. I'm certainly not wanting for anything. I keep reminding myself, beyond my daily elements of recovery, it's about nutrition and fitness. And as that evolves, slowly but surely, it will require me to pay attention to what my body needs--even if it's more than I'm accustomed to consuming. 

The trick for me is training my brain to recognize the difference between eating well for the right reasons and over-eating for all the wrong reasons.  

I recently jogged my way into dual blisters. One on each heel. A pair. How cute. I've gone back to the elliptical temporarily while the heels heal. 

My Fitbit stopped working a couple of weeks ago. I guess a year was all it could take. It simply wouldn't stay charged for even a day. If you've had this same problem and there's some kind of fix, please tell me! I'd rather not buy a new device if it's not needed.

My Tweets Today:




































Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean