July 29th, 2015 What's Not To Love?

July 29th, 2015 What's Not To Love?

Spending time with mom on one of these doctor trip visits is quality. We have some of the best conversations and some of the biggest laughs along the way. I live to hear her laugh and see her smile.

Mom's eye procedure went well. She wasn't the least bit surprised when we ended up at a Mexican place for lunch afterwards. Mom loves it as much as I do, so it wasn't a big deal. There are other choices, sure--and I feel confident I can navigate almost any menu. But there's certainty in a good Tex-Mex place. I don't need a menu at all. I know what I want and what I don't want and it's always good. I cut calories by cutting out the shredded cheese, rice and beans and I replace the flour tortillas with corn taco shells, that move alone saves at least 50 calories on each. If I were to eat all of that stuff too--instead of consuming 600 or less calories with the chips, I'd be looking at 1200-1500 for a meal. Yeah--not a good calorie value. And I'm completely satisfied and I'm certain it's sugar free. If I get tired of it, I'll switch it up--replace chicken with beef or shrimp, I've done both before. I'm clearly a texture kind of person. There's something about the creaminess of the sour cream against the crunch of the corn taco shell--the warm chicken and the cool crisp lettuce...all of that working together, for me and my preferences--what's not to love?

Instead of our original plan of working out at the new Y in Edmond, the decision was made for me to workout at my Y tonight and mom to get her walk in after sunset. I did the elliptical followed by some body weight strength exercises here at home. The body weight rail push-ups aren't easy. I planned on 3 sets of 10 and reached my max midway through set three. The resistance is set by the angle of my body. I get it out there fairly well. And I don't mind admitting that I do not possess the strongest arms, yet. I concentrated on form, keeping my body rigidly straight. It worked well. The wall sits are challenging and the squats are the easiest for me. My legs are strong, probably from carrying me around all of those years at 500 pounds. 

I'm the guest speaker at a local civic organization's lunch meeting tomorrow. They're likely expecting my talk to be all about weight loss. That's not my plan for tomorrow's event. I'll be doing a TED-like 20 minute presentation on self-worth and identity titled "The Happiness Code." I'm excited for the opportunity to get my feet wet in speaking about this powerful topic.

I'm hitting the pillow tonight after hitting all of my goals square, today. I'll aim for the same tomorrow. Goodnight!

My Tweets Today:




































Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean