July 17th, 2015 Once Upon A Time

July 17th, 2015 Once Upon A Time

Today was one of those days when an extra pause to express gratitude is in order. I loved today. I'm immensely blessed to be able to do something for a living that I thoroughly enjoy while utilizing my talents and passions. All of those elements were present at my heaviest--a job where I'm allowed to be creative on the radio and exercise my natural abilities and passion for communicating--I've been doing it since I was sixteen years old. The difference isn't in what I'm doing every day, the difference is now, I'm actually making a point to recognize and express gratitude for the wonderful blessings in my life. If one is blessed but doesn't recognize it, are they still blessed? If it's not acknowledged and appreciated then they never experience the comfort and peace those blessings bring. Shutting it out and opting for a less grateful perspective was something I was really good at doing once upon a time.

Gratitude is a part of this recovery process for me. Slowing down long enough to shift my perspective to a more positive one has enabled me to experience epiphanies I wouldn't have otherwise.

The schedule today wasn't too much. I found a nap time before getting ready for tonight's performance of the play. The play was a wonderful success again tonight! I opted to postpone dinner until the cast and crew party at our local Ground Round Grill and Bar. I played with the idea of having an alcoholic drink as long as I found something refined sugar free, but then I decided to use those calories on food instead. I blasted past my minimum daily water goal of 64 ounces, consuming 64 ounces at the cast party alone!

There's so much more I wanted to write about tonight, but I'll wait until tomorrow night. It's super late. The good news is, my Saturday schedule is fairly clear. I can sleep in and believe me, I plan on it!!

 photo 11752168_10155961300530045_8012866308965800984_n_zpsxybvwnb2.jpg
The cast photo of Dog Sees God: Confessions of A Teenage Blockhead with corporate sponsor Roy Pemberton in the center and director Chris Williams over his left shoulder. Cast members include: Colt Smith, Ashley Clark, Morgan Ham, Andrea Storm, Gina Soucek, Stephen Long and Edward Dixon.

I'm not sure I've ever looked forward to a good workout like I'm looking forward to my trip to the YMCA tomorrow. I've allowed myself to cut way back on workouts throughout the rehearsal process of this show and now we're down to the final three performances--so it's time to get back into my consistent exercise routine/schedule.

My Tweets Today:




























Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean