July 23rd, 2015 For Good Measure

July 23rd, 2015 For Good Measure

I wrote, voiced and produced a radio commercial for Daylight Donuts today. If you're thinking, Sean--really? How could you relate since you're refined sugar free? Well, it's my job, first of all. And secondly--I've consumed enough Daylight Donuts in my lifetime to accurately convey the experience without actually experiencing it again. I remember the taste very well. Excellent donuts!

I was honored when I received the invite a while back to an exclusive lunch meeting with the directors of a local bank. I put it in my calendar and even set reminders. Still, for whatever reason, the event caught me off guard and without a plan. Lunch would be provided--but I hadn't a clue what it might involve.

I was prepared to maintain the integrity of my plan at all costs, even if it meant a polite, "I'm so sorry, but I'm passing on lunch and opting to feast on the good conversation," or something like that--perhaps something less corny sounding.

I discovered the meal was catered by Zino's, a local authentic Italian restaurant where they make everything from scratch. I've inquired about their marinara ingredients on a previous occasion--so I knew it was sugar free--just tomatoes and spices. What I didn't know was the amounts of ricotta & mozzarella used and the fat percentage in the beef used for the filling. Those three things make a big difference in the calorie count.

I took my photo, enjoyed the dish--passed on the salad, the veggies with the lasagna and the big piece of chocolate cake for dessert. The server set the cake in front of me and I politely declined. As she was taking it away, one of the guests familiar with what I'm all about, chuckled--because they knew it was coming!

I called the owner of the restaurant (also the one with the recipes!) shortly after 1pm and inquired about the unknowns of my lunch lasagna. She was incredibly helpful. Within minutes I had a fairly accurate count based on the ingredients. 721 calories! Oooh. Yes--it was that good. A little higher count than I like to spend at any one meal, but at least it was sugar free. I confirmed the sugar free status again, too--just for good measure.

I take my food sobriety very seriously! I was honored to be invited and the conversation and laughs we all shared were fantastic. It was a good experience. And it was something different for lunch other than tostadas! I rarely get tired of the tostadas--but still, it's good to change it up occasionally.

I picked up Noah this evening from his Aunt Amber's place and took him to the Y with me. He played in the supervised Kids Zone day care while I did my thing. We made a grocery store run before returning home for dinner and another overnight stay.

Once the little guy fell asleep, I did some body weight strength training exercises. Same as before, rail pushups, wall sits and squats. A reader known as "B" left a wonderful link to 50 body weight exercises on last night's post (check it out!). I'm looking forward to digging into these over the next few days.

My Tweets Today:


































Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean